Sunday 18 May 2014

Om Yoga Show | Sahaja Yoga Trial Session

Thoughtless Awareness...

www.sahajayoga.org.uk 

Sahaja Yoga is a registered UK charity offering free meditation and stress management across the UK. The meditation technique used was developed by Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi the founder of Sahaja Yoga.

We were looking at information about Sahaja Yoga when someone gently approached us to explain that Sahaja Yoga was a meditation practice focusing on the subtle body to awaken the Kundalini energy held within us.  

Practicing this meditation awakens the sacred spiritual Kundalini energy lying dormant in the sacrum of us all. The very word 'Sacrum' comes from the word 'Sacred' which would suggest there is ancient knowledge of this energies existence.  

Sahaja Yoga translates to mean 'born with you' or 'spontaneous' and Yoga means 'union with the divine'. These elements brought together encourage a journey of inner connection guiding you to self realisation. 

When Kundalini energy is awakened it travels from the base of the spine upwards along the subtle body channel known as 'Sushumna'. It flows and removes blockages ultimately reaching outwards through the top of the head. It is possible to feel the flow of Kundalini energy in your hands during Sahaja Yoga practice. This experience can be scientifically proven as it is actually experienced in the central nervous system.

We were invited to have a trial I agreed admittedly with a little hesitation and my husband decided not to take part at this point. I was not told what to expect which was beneficial as I had no expectations. I was invited to relax sitting on a chair with an upright spine and my eyes closed. I was then worked on by an an experienced Sahaja Yoga practitioner of some 26yrs who worked on my chakras without physical contact whilst standing behind me. 

I genuinely experienced different sensations in my body throughout the session some of which continued afterwards. As I opened my eyes my husband was also having a trial and I know he is glad he did so. I have chosen not to go into further detail as I feel everyone's experience should be theirs alone but I can honestly say having trialled this that everyone should try it. There are sessions held weekly across the UK and you can find out where your nearest one is on the website link found below.

Sahaja Yoga meditation teaches us; 

"Truth is what it is, you can not change it, 
you can not ignore it, you have to remain open minded 
and in conscious awareness."

Sahaja Yoga is practiced to help you become present, to connect to your truth, to awaken connection to our inner energy. 

Further information;
www.sahajayoga.org.uk
http://www.sahajayoga.org

https://twitter.com/sahajayoga